Mobile phone technology is transforming the way contractors work and next-generation control for power tools is at the forefront of these advancements.
One of the most exciting developments is the ability to sync up power tools with phone apps. It’s hardly surprising to see why this powerful technology is being lapped up by the trades. It allows everything from monitoring the state of a tool’s battery remotely, to using customisable settings designed for specific applications through the app and a chip embedded in the tool. Being able to quickly monitor and adapt tools translates into increased efficiency and productivity on-site – not to mention making life easier for you throughout the life of a project.
Leading this technology is Bosch, a key brand in the Southern Power Tools range. The company has introduced the Bosch GCY30-4 Connectivity Tool Module.
The module plugs into a variety of Bosch connected-ready tools to enable Bluetooth® connectivity to the user’s smartphone. With the free-to-download and free-to-use Bosch Toolbox app, the user can customise tool settings, get statuses and alerts and manage inventory.
Some of its key features include:
- Customise tool settings, such as soft-start rate or LED brightness.
- Alerts for battery overload and tool overheating, to protect the life of the system.
- For inventory management, the app delivers information such as tool usage, hours of operation, warranty and registration status and battery charge feedback.
- Connection range of up to 15 metres.
- BTLE: low power consumption Bluetooth chip, specially designed to enable two-way data transfer between smart phones and machines.
- Not limited to a single tool: with multiple modules you can control multiple connection ready tools.
Southern Power Tools is proud to supply the GCY30-4 as part of its extensive range of accessories for tools.